The Nespresso Pixie is a versatile and relatively affordable unit that should never miss in your kitchen if you love espresso, latte, and cappuccino.
As its name alludes, the Pixie is compact and ultra quiet. Let not its small footprint fool you though. This espresso maker has several great features that most high end alternatives from other brands won’t match.
It is a capsule-based espresso maker that will wake you up with the smell of freshly brewed aromatic coffee rather than the loud noise of grinding coffee beans.
The fact that it uses capsules also means that it eliminates the fuss that comes with tamping coffee grounds and the cleaning process aftermath.
The Nespresso Pixie boasts a modern design thanks to the chrome plate and the ABC plastic that has been used for its construction. Worth noting, its inside features a non-stick coating to ensure uniform distribution of heat and to make the cleaning process effective.
It’s easy to use
As I have just told you, the Nespresso Pixie uses capsules. So, it’s super easy to use especially if you’ve used a coffee pod machine before.
What you’ll probably like is that it is completely automatic. This means that it takes most of the hassle from you. You only need to place a mug with hot or cold milk on the base, hit the button, and wait for a few seconds.
An impressive feature here is that the base heats up and can, therefore, heat the froth in your shot.
This espresso maker has a 3-shot size selector. There are 2 buttons that allow you to choose between 1oz, 2oz, and 3oz. It is fitted with and a 19 bar pressure pump that promotes optimum flavor extraction from any of your Nespresso premium coffee capsules. On this note, your package ships with 16 Nespresso capsules. You have the option to explore different varieties from 30 premium quality blends though.
This machine also boasts a Thermoblock heating element that lets you enjoy your cappuccino, latte, espresso, caffe and any other beverage in utmost 30 seconds and at precise temperatures.
What else will you like about this model?
It automatically ejects used capsules and collects them (up to 10) awaiting proper disposal. We also appreciate that the base drip tray is foldable to create space for taller cups and that the machine shuts off automatically after 9 minutes of idleness.
- Easy to use programmable buttons for both espresso and Lungo
- A foldable drip tray that keeps your taller cups in check
- Has a removable water tank that has the capacity of 24 ounces or 0.7 liters
- Has a thermoblock heating element that enables faster preheating and does it in a record time of thirty seconds
- Holds up to ten used capsules
- Has an automatic power-off, which helps you to save lots of energy
- Has a used capsule container
- A convenient power cord storage feature
- It measures 12.83 inches by 4.33 inches and has a height of 9 and 1/4 inches
- Has a 24-ounce water tank that enables you to brew some espresso cups
- Has water level detection indicators that are backlit
- It is a one button brewing machine which makes it easy to use
- You can easily program it to brew any size of espresso you may need
- Has a small countertop footprint thus making it fit into small spaces
- The capsules used for Nespresso are made of aluminum thus making them recyclable
- Sleek design
- Has a durable and quality build from the Swiss expertise
- Hits up super fast
- It produces excellent espresso that has rich cream
- The machine makes espresso only; therefore if you needed coffee then you might be forced to drink Americano
- A smaller water reservoir means the need for constant refilling
- Removing the tank is not straightforward like its other siblings
- The tray fold does not stay raised on its own. there must be a tall cup underneath
- It may produce some spray while in operation, which may end up dirtying your walls or surfaces
- Maybe a bit noisy in its operation
- Utilises Nespresso brand espresso capsules only
- The brand has a lousy marketing strategy whereby they set a multiple of 50 capsules ordering requirement. Therefore, not giving their customers room for flexibility
- The water reservoir may start leaking after some use
- The flavors are quite expensive
The Nespresso Pixie coffee machine utilizes a broad range of technologies just to ensure that you get that excellent cup of espresso. Some of these functionalities include the 19 bar high-pressure pump that efficiently squeezes out all the delicate flavors and premium aroma from each capsule.
The brewer is a power conservative utility as it has an energy consumption of forty percent and switches off automatically after 9 minutes of inactivity.
More so this machine is streamlined for excellent performances and lives up to the name of the Nespresso brand.
Ordering your capsules for the device follows some format. You are given some address such as an internet address or a twenty-four hour seven days a week phone call number, where you place your orders.
Other alternatives include downloading the Nespresso application on your iPhone or Android phone or visiting your nearest Nespresso Boutique. When in need of machine assistance, you may call the Nespresso club, and you’ll get an immediate technical solution.
The one year warranty that comes with it gives you peace of mind. When the machine becomes faulty within that period, the Nespresso brand collects it from your chosen address, repairs and returns it all for free.
The Nespresso Pixie is the go-to model if your working space is premium because of its compact nature. But when you have acres of free space then you might opt for the larger models.
These will address some of the above problems such as the need for constant water refilling, because bigger models have more significant water reservoirs.
This machine utilizes Nespresso capsules that exclusively come from their brand and supplied through their website. So, if you needed a change of taste or flavor, you might be forced to look in a different direction.
In this case, you may consider other open-minded brands that allow their models to utilize a variety of coffee flavors.
In a nut shell, the Nespresso pixie espresso maker prides itself on a robust, durable and easy to use design. All these come at affordable price thus recommended to anyone who likes some good cup of espresso.
Though you might find this machine a bit noisy, am sure you can hold up since it utilizes less than a minute to complete the brewing process.
Furthermore, the brewer gives you more than espresso. You are at will to make other beverages such as the coffee-esque Americano, thus giving it a more competitive edge.
Again, the one year warranty that comes along makes it a risk-free purchase by guaranteeing you a replacement in case the machine malfunctions or breaks down within this time. .
Due to its compact design, the Nespresso Pixie is a perfect fit for people who have tiny spaces in their kitchens or office. Also, the wide range of color options means that there is a suitable model to compliment your kitchen décor and office space.