For those who are addicted to the buzz and pop that coffee brings, and appreciate the familiar robust taste and fragrance of great coffee, a device like a coffee maker is the answer to all of their coffee brewing problems. Take, for example, the single serve or single cup coffee maker.
Unlike traditional coffee makers, which are another feat in itself, the single cup kind is heaven-sent for folks who live alone and would like a unit that will serve them the right amount of coffee. It is an advantageous unit for you to have around since it gives you a cup of java anytime you want it, anywhere, and without the waste.
Single serve coffee makers are available in a wide range of sizes, constructions and brand names. They also vary in prices—there are reasonably priced models and high-end ones too.
This means that you will get a model that will surely fit both your budget and your needs. Furthermore, single cup coffee makers provide a number of benefits too. Here are some of them:
- You do not have to wait for a cup of coffee in the morning. Larger coffee makers will take a number of minutes to brew a whole pot, or even a half of one. Compared to the larger models, a single cup maker allows you to have your joe ready within seconds; this means that you do not have to wait for the beverage to brew on those mornings when you have to rush off to work
- Several single cup coffee makers are designed for people who are busy and always on the go. The beverage brews right into the cup it was provided with and all you need is to pop on its lid and you are ready to go. There is no transferring the coffee to another cup; there is no scrambling for a cup since the device has one ready
- The unit is not only made for brewing coffee. You can create other beverages with the unit as well, like hot chocolate, cappuccinos, and even a cup of tea for units that have all-purpose functions. It will provide you with more variety in terms of beverages
- The device fits anywhere you go. Single serve coffee makers often come in compact and portable designs so users can take the unit with them anywhere—you can bring it with you to the office so you can have coffee while at work, or take them with you while traveling. This device is ideal for frequent travelers, students, and locations where space is limited
- Single serve coffee makers make great gifts as well, especially for those who love their joe. These convenient inventions are excellent for personal use, as we all know, but they make thoughtful, functional and affordable gifts for your friends and family. It is a good gift to give to a university-bound student or a friend who wants to limit their drinking of coffee
How do single cup coffee makers work?
A single serve coffee maker operates by pumping significantly pressurized water through a needle into a pod that is lined with coffee grounds. The water then trickles out of the pod by means of a tiny hole. As soon as it comes out of the pod, the coffee trickles into a cup beneath it.
The device usually includes a water reservoir. As soon as the tank is emptied of its contents, users can manually change this. The water is moved from the reservoir to the coffee maker device through a pump that is positioned in the water tank’s bottom parts.
The unit is capable of extracting coffee in less than 60 seconds. This is a shorter or faster extraction period compared to other methods for making coffee like the French press or the drip method.
This fast brewing time happens due to the higher pressure and heat of the water that is employed in pod coffee units. The air compressor offers the pressure required to pressurize the water to 1-2 bars.
The heating featured that is included in single serve coffee units are efficient. It has the capability to heat water up to 185°F in under a minute. Many single cup coffee makers include adjustable heat settings so users can select the temperature they prefer for their joe.