Compact, robust and stylish are some of the words we can use to describe the Keurig K15 coffee maker.
It is crafted from sturdy plastic making it a viable investment for an office worker and home owner who wants a great shot of coffee without paying too much for it.
This model measures 11.1” (h) 7.5” (w) x 10.5” (d). These dimensions make it possible to shuttle it between your place of work and home with considerable ease.
Its weight- around 8 pounds- makes portability even easier. Its small footprint also ensures that it fits comfortably in most spaces whether in offices, apartments, or dorms. You may also like that it is an energy efficient machine that automatically goes off 90 seconds after your last brew. This helps in saving energy which translates to lesser power bills for you to agonize over.
A removable drip tray that can handle mugs that have a height of up to 5.2 inches also comes to focus. It is handy, as it catches accidental drops that may render your working surface messy.
Similar to its big bro, the K575 (find its review here), the Keurig K15 is compatible with K-cups from over 75 brands. This means that you have over 500 coffee varieties to try out.
On this note, the Keurig K15 brews any cup size between 6oz and 10oz depending on how bold you want your java (6oz being the boldest).
One thing that I have to mention, however, is that the Keurig K15 does not feature a built-in water reservoir. This means that you’ll need to add the amount of water that you need for the exact size of cup each time you want a shot.
It also means that water is heated on demand and, therefore, takes up to 3 minutes to brew a single cup. This might not be a deal-breaker if you don’t take so much coffee at a go. People who take upwards of 3 cups in one sitting may, however, be concerned.
- Has a compact frame that can easily be carried from one place to another and also fits into small spaces.
- Has an automatic off feature that makes it energy efficient since it goes off after 90 minutes of inactivity to save power.
- Has a removable drip tray that prevents stray drops from dirtying your surface.
- Brews all k-pods without an issue allowing you to have a large variety of flavors to choose from.
- Able to brew different sizes of beverages, that can fill any cup that has a capacity of six to ten ounces; it is a matter of choice.
- The machine has a compact and lightweight design for portability. Therefore, it cuts on the costs of buying several coffeemakers if your budget does not allow it.
- In line with the Keurig brand, it utilizes all the k-cup pods, thus provides you with a wide variety to choose from. You can even swap your pods with those of your neighbors, family members, or workmates to try out different tastes.
- Does not have a water reservoir making it a compact and easy to carry utility.
- Its energy saving feature saves you some dollars.
- You get your coffee within no time. In under two minutes, you can enjoy a cup of steaming coffee.
- Its small size makes it fit even in small spaces, making it convenient to use.
- Simple to use and touch buttons makes it a pleasant experience to use the machine.
- The my k-cup reusable filter enables you to use your own ground coffee, which allows you to cut corners regarding expenditure.
- Gives you the ability to customize your drink to fit your tastes.
- Like all other Keurig brewers, this machine can dispense hot water for your other uses. You can make tea, or prepare other snacks such as noodles or oatmeal.
- Has a variety of fun colors to choose from to complement your décor.
- Good design for small-time coffee consumers who may only need a cup or two a day and don’t need a large reservoir of water.
- The model doesn’t have a water reservoir. Therefore, you have to add water every time you need to have a cup of coffee. This can be quite hectic if you need several cups of the beverage
- The lack of a water storage compartment implies that it heats your water on demand. This takes averagely two to three minutes longer to get the job done
- Due to its short stature, it won’t accommodate any of the regular 10oz or insulated travel mugs unless you remove the drip tray. Therefore, you might be forced to use the smaller six to eight ounce cups
The Keurig k15 utilizes a powerful 1425 watts of power to get you coffee ready. All you need to do is put some water into the machine, attach the k-cup pod of your desire and then power it on. It has no reservoir; therefore, you get the amount you put in.
It is an energy efficient model that automatically goes off after some 90 seconds of staying idle. What also makes it unique is its simple mode of operation; you don’t need tons of instructions to get started. Setting up is a breeze, and within no time you’ll be luxuriating on your cup of coffee.
Moreover, it is compatible with a wide array of coffee brands and varieties. This means that the grocery store near will always have a compatible pod in stock.
This machine is also super compact and lightweight considering that it does not carry a water reservoir. So, if you’ve been looking for a portable single cup coffeemaker that you can use both at home and in the office, the K15 could be it.
The Keurig K15 might be a great pick for a coffee lover who is content with a single cup of joe at a time. Its on-demand water heating system also requires someone who won’t mind filling it up every now and then.
If one cup is never enough for you and filling it up for every shot is a big ask for you, then a model with a built-in water reservoir might be the way to go.
The Keurig K55 (find its review here) might make an impressive alternative. It has a 48oz water tank and it’s compatible with K-cups from different brands.
Apart from the few disadvantages – which every product has anyway- the Keurig K15 offers excellent service especially to those who enjoy the small finer things in life. It provides convenient service whenever and wherever you are stationed and does not require lots of space.
Moreover, its aesthetic values are hard to ignore. It has a compact and sleek body that is exquisitely curved, and a visually inviting platinum surface. You are not restricted to this model only though. The Keurig K15 coffee maker is also available in 4 other colors; True Blue, Jade, Chili Red, and Black.
This model is an excellent choice for those needing a portable and sleek companion that can easily be moved from one place to another to cater for their personal coffee needs. It also makes a good bet for coffee lovers on a budget.